Based in the historic Hertfordshire market town of Bishop's Stortford, Coopers of Stortford is a true multi-channel retailer. A business that has continued to grow from strength to strength.
Based on a working culture of friendly, inclusive, professionalism, we aim to deliver a service (and of course products) we can all be proud of; from serving local customers in our shop to delivering excellence through our traditional nationwide catalogues and the very latest web site and digital offering.
In everything we do our team are committed to improve our customer's experience through a deep understanding of their needs and the ability to tailor our service to meet them. Without the dedication and passion of our teams across the Company we would not have the successful business we have today.
Job title: Online Marketing Manager
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 40 hours per week
Salary: £50,000 depending on experience
Coopers of Stortford is a successful and well-established multi-channel retailer in the Home and Garden sector. We’re currently expanding our commercial team to assist with the ongoing growth of our web channels and to help us achieve our ambitious future plans.
As Online Marketing Manager you’ll have at least 5 years’ experience in a digital marketing role and will have a strong track record of driving online trading performance. You will need to have both a commercial and analytical mind, plus an excellent understanding of how to drive traffic from SEO/paid channels, knowledge of optimising conversion rates and the customer journey.
A significant focus for the role will be on efficient customer acquisition, achieved via a coherent and effective online strategy. You’ll be responsible for defining and executing this strategy, aligning it with both the offline marketing campaigns and wider business goals
What are your responsibilities?
- Managing our SEO, PPC, Affiliates, Retargeting, Display and paid Social activity to deliver an outstanding Return on Investment
- You will use your SEO and web metric experience to analyse website traffic and user engagement to optimise our online trading performance.
- SEO - own and manage ongoing search campaigns, onsite audits, keyword research - gaps and opportunities from competitor and market insights for generic rankings, onsite optimisation and link building
- You will be responsible for developing the trading strategy to achieve sales targets through the website. Proposing initiatives to drive traffic, optimise conversion, improve customer experience and deliver increased sales through analysis of key metrics and data
- Budget and Reporting - define our weekly, monthly & annual budgets. Provide regular reports on PPC and SEO traffic, campaign performance, site metrics, ranking and KPI insights for the business
- Working with relevant teams and agency partners to plan, test, optimize, and scale growth strategies across all of the online channels
- Collaborating closely with Marketing and Ecommerce colleagues, and our web development agency to test and develop improvements to our conversion rate from SEO and PPC traffic
- Constantly keeping up to date with industry innovation to open out new opportunities for acquisition and retention
Who are we looking for?
- The ideal candidate will have excellent knowledge of online marketing initiatives to drive conversion rates and ensure customer engagement and brand consistency - ideally in a multi-channel retail environment.
- Be an expert in running campaigns with PPC, Affiliates, Display and other paid for channels with solid experience with Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Bing and preferably Facebook
- Have a strong background in managing SEO activity and experience of using of SEO tools
- Possess an innovative and creative mind in order to drive trading improvements
- Have basic knowledge of HTML
- Have strong analytical skills including budgeting and forecasting capability
Please send all applications including CVs to the HR Department via email or post.
Coopers of Stortford,
400 Avenue North,