‘Conference’ Pear produces a large crop of fruit with clear white flesh that are ready to pick each September. The long, tapering fruits are packed with an irresistible sweetness and lip-smacking juice that will drip from your chin when you bite into one that is perfectly ripe!
Because of its outstanding flavour, it remains the most popular pear grown in Britain by a long measure, both in commercial orchards and home gardens. It is ideal for you to grow because it is very heavy cropping and when picked unripe it’s great for keeping for 2 or more months.
'Conference' is largely self-fertile, so you’ll always get a great crop of the most delicious pears, and it’ll won’t grow too large, as it is supplied grafted onto dwarfing Quince rootstock. Fully deserving its coveted RHS Award of Garden Merit, you can be sure that this is a proven garden performer, guaranteed to be suitable for UK gardeners at every level of experience. You can therefore plant this in the garden with confidence and enjoy a wonderful crop.
Supplied as an established tree 90-110cm tall in a 5L pot, ready to plant, reaching a height and spread of 2.5m (8ft).
• Dig a hole at least twice the width of the root ball.
• Plant your tree so that it’s at the same soil level as it was in its pot.
• Apply a slow-release fertiliser such as blood, fish and bone, in early spring, and mulch to retain moisture.
• Water regularly, and don't let the soil dry out if planted in pots.
• Established trees don't require radical pruning - just take off any diseased, dying and damaged branches in late winter. Look at the overall shape and aim for an open structure of branches and remove any that cross over so they don't damage each other.
Direct Despatch from Supplier
This item is being despatched directly to you from one of our specialist suppliers. Please allow 5-7 days for delivery. Regrettably, the courier can only deliver to mainland UK.