Gas Plate x2
- Reduce wasted energy - save money
- Cook more evenly by diffusing heat
- Ideal for small pans or coffee makers
Harness the full cooking power of your gas hob with our latest heat diffusers and reduce the amount of wasted energy.
Simple and effective, they work by concentrating the heat through the base of your pan, giving an even heat distribution, great for boiling and perfect for reducing hotspots making simmering sauces, gravy or custard simple.
Just place the aluminium heat diffuser on your hob and let it work its magic, it can even be used as a reducer too - perfect for providing a stable base for your smallest pots, pans or even coffee maker.
Measures W18cm x H1cm (7in x ½in), and comes in a pack of 2.
Although they work well, and I can turn off the gas burner and continue cooking from the heat these plates generate, this does come at a cost, as follows:
1. The plates undersides have scratched into the black enamel on the cookers resting frames (the black things that pots and pans would normally stand on), where the slots rest on them, to a noticeable degree. This sort of damage is not covered by the cookers guarantee.
2. The two plates have stained easily through either gas burn marks or burnt on overspills. No amount of solvents or elbow grease have managed to clean them up.
Other than that, they are a good idea, but I have to take off two stars for the reasons stated above.