You can now grow deliciously sweet peaches here in the UK! 'Redhaven' is an August fruiting variety with lusciously sweet yellow flesh that melts in your mouth when you bite into it. Its self-fertile, like the majority of our fruit varieties, so will crop reliably for you and needs no other tree in order for it to produce fruit.
The gorgeous, sweetly fragrant pink blossom looks a picture in springtime, but ideally needs a little protection from late frosts. Ideally, plant your tree against a south-facing wall and cover with fleece when in flower in the spring; this is not to protect the tree itself, which is totally winter hardy, but to give the blossom maximum protection so it has the best chance of full pollination.
The warmer the position of your tree when it's in blossom, the busier the bees and other pollinating insects will be, resulting in delicious peaches for you! 'Redhaven' also makes a lovely potted specimen for your patio, allowing you to position it favourably when necessary. You can then really make the most of the fragrant spring blossom and perfect summer fruits.
Supplied as an approx. 1-1.2m tall, multi-branched bare-root tree.
• Although frost-tolerant, it is still best practice to protect the blossom with fleece if exposed.
• When fruit appears, it will need thinning. Remove poorly placed, small or misshapen fruits when they are about the width of your little fingernail. With peaches, aim to have a fruit every 15cm (6in).
• Water container-grown trees almost every day during the growing season and give them a high potash liquid feed every couple of weeks.
• Avoid excessive or irregular watering when fruit is ripening to prevent the skin splitting.
• As the fruit develops it may need protection from birds and squirrels.
Direct Despatch from Supplier
This item is being despatched directly to you from one of our specialist suppliers. Please allow 5-7 days for delivery. Regrettably, the courier can only deliver to mainland UK.