This Policy was updated on 23rd October 2018, version 1.1
Who is responsible for processing my personal Information?
The Enterprise Department Limited t/a Coopers of Stortford is the Data Controller and the legal entity who is responsible for the personal information that is collected, processed and stored.
Personal information (or 'personal data') means any information that can personally identify you, such as your name, address and contact details.
What personal information do you collect about me?
Please rest reassured that we only collect information that is necessary to provide our products and services, as described in this policy.
- Like many retailers, we collect your name, address, email address, date of birth, telephone number and your order details when you shop by phone, post , online or at our retail store.
- When you browse our website, we gather information about the pages you visit. This includes technical information such as your IP address, browser type and cookie information (unless you have disabled cookies on your device).
How do you collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you, for example through our order forms and through conversations we have with you.
Why do you need my personal information?
We collect and use your personal information for a number of reasons, including:
When you place an order
- to process and deliver your order
- to communicate with you, for example, to provide delivery updates
- to personalise and improve your online shopping experience, making your future website visits easy, enjoyable and secure
- to provide reports to our regulatory authority or law enforcement agencies
- to send you special offers and promotions on products and services we think will be of interest to you
- to create an understanding of your interests and preferences so that we can tailor special offers and promotions that we send to you
What legal basis do you have to process my personal information in this way?
We rely upon different legal and legitimate interest bases to process your personal information depending on the reason for which we have collected or obtained it:
- for administrative purposes, when you have made an order (whether through our catalogue, by telephone or online) for example to process payments, deliver your order, make collections
- we process your contact information and shopping habits so that we can provide to you our products, service and special offers that we feel you may be interested in
- to provide the necessary reports to our regulatory authority or law enforcement agencies
The personal information that you provide to us is stored on secure servers in the UK.
Where is my personal information processed?
Your personal information is processed in the UK.
How long do you keep my information for?
We retain your information for as long as you hold an account with us.We have robust data retention and deletion procedures in place and how long we keep your personal information will depend on the purposes for which we process it.
Can I see what information you hold about me?
Yes, if you would like to. You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and is known as the ‘right of access’. You can make the request by phone, email or by writing to us – see How to contact us section for further information.
What other data protection rights do I have?
- Right to rectify
- Right to be forgotten
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to object to processing
- Right to data portability
If you want to exercise any of these rights, or have any queries in relation to them, you can make the request by phone, email or by writing to us – see How to contact us section for further information
We will respond to your request as soon as possible and always within statutory timeframes. Note that it may be necessary for us to contact you to verify your identity before we can deal with your request.
Can I choose how to be contacted by Coopers of Stortford?
Yes of course. You can choose how you want to be contacted by us, whether by post or email.
If you do not wish to receive our mailings you can opt out at any time by changing your preferences on your order form, via the telephone or email. We print up to six weeks in advance, so it may take up to this time for you to stop receiving mailings if you decide to opt out.
When we take your details including your email address, we give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving email marketing messages from us. However, you can unsubscribe from our email list at any point simply by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of your email.
Do you share my personal information with other companies?
There are some circumstances where we may share your name, address and email address with others. We do this when it is necessary to fulfil our legitimate interests of upholding customer service, better understanding our customer base and keeping you informed of offers and promotions that we believe you may be interested in.
On this basis, your personal information may be shared with:
- companies who provide services to you on our behalf, like delivery companies
- our sister brands (Afibel, Damart) who may contact you about their products
- research companies whom we may ask to contact you directly for your opinions on our products and services
- We share your name and address information where we think you would enjoy some of the latest products and offers by post from our trusted partners operating in the clothing, collectables, food & wine, gardening, gifts, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods, home interiors, charity, travel and retail categories
- members of the information sharing alliances that we work with, Epsilon Abacus Alliance, Sub2, Conexance, Experian and Transactis, who may contact you by post with information about products or services you may be interested in.
This means that members can better understand buying patterns and helps us to tailor offers to customers and prospective customers who we believe would be genuinely interested in what we have to offer.
We may have obtained your contact details from the data alliances that we work with if you are a customer of one of their members. This should have been explained to you before your contact details were shared.
We will never share your email address for the purposes of enabling another business to market to you.
I’m not a Coopers of Stortford customer, how did you find my details?
We obtain information from the data sharing alliances or other trusted partners that we work with, as detailed in the section ‘Do you share my details with other companies’.
What are cookies?
Computer cookies are small text files that a website transfers to your computer. Cookies cannot harm your computer and are anonymous. They do not contain any information that could be used to identify you, nor do they contain any confidential information such as your email address or credit card details. Using 'cookies' helps us to make our website easier for you to use and helps us to give you a more personalised web experience, such as enabling us to present information about products and promotions which we believe will be of interest to you. We may also use 3rd party cookies to track the effectiveness of our online advertising and our email marketing campaigns.
Are cookies safe?
Yes. The information stored in cookies is anonymous and secure. It can not be used to identify you personally and cannot harm your computer.
What cookies are used on this website?
The table below provides an overview of the main cookies used on our website and the purpose of each cookie:
|AdRoll||Targeting||Allows us to monitor the effectiveness of our adverts, to help us make advertising more relevant to you.|
|Connexity||Performance||Allows us to monitor the effectiveness of our adverts, to help us make advertising more relevant to you.|
|Conversant||Advertising||Allows us to monitor the effectiveness of our adverts and marketing on websites, to help make Coopers more relevant to you.|
|Digital Window||Performance||Allows us to monitor the effectiveness of our partner marketing on websites, to help us make Coopers more relevant to you.|
|Dotomi||Advertising||Allows us to monitor the effectiveness of our adverts and marketing on websites, to help make Coopers more relevant to you.|
|Facebook pixel||Performance||Allows us to monitor the effectiveness of our adverts, to help us make advertising more relevant to you.|
|Google AdWords Conversion||Performance||Allows us to monitor the effectiveness of our adverts, to help us make Coopers more relevant to you.|
|Google Analytics||Functionality||Allows us to monitor the effectiveness of our website to help us improve your web experience.|
|Google Tag Manager||Functionality||Allows us to centrally manage and regulate third-party cookies and track customer behaviour to improve our service.|
|Visual Website Optimizer||Performance||Allows us to carry out testing of different versions of the same web page.|
|Sub2||Targeting||Allows us to provide personalised email targeting.|
|Oracle||Functionality||Allows us to monitor the effectiveness of our emails to help us improve and personalise email communications.|
|SessionCam||Functionality||Allows us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how they move around our website. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that customers are finding what they are looking for easily.|
|Quantcast||Functionality||Allows us to advertise relevant products online to individual consumers.|
Can I switch cookies off?
Our use of advertisementsYou may see adverts for Coopers of Stortford products on other websites that you visit. We allow other business partners to serve these advertisements on our behalf. All banners of this type feature an "i" icon that provides more information from each advertising network and instructions on how to opt out. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
How to contact usIf you would like to contact us regarding your personal data, as detailed in this policy, or wish to amend your contact preferences, then simply get in touch using one of the following options:
- Email us at [email protected]
- Write to us with your query at: Data Protection Officer, Coopers of Stortford, 11 Bridge Street, Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire, CM23 2JU
- Call us for free on 0330 331 0300
- Online at Coopersofstortford.co.uk (My Account)
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise, however if you are not happy with how we’ve handled your personal information then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can write to: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, phone: 0303 123 1113 or visit the ICO website at www.ico.org.uk for more information.
The Enterprise Department Ltd t/a Coopers of Stortford is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under registration number Z4991947.